Get the ultimate FREE course on LIVING BETTER: learn simple strategic changes to feel happier, more fulfilled and more peaceful.
Oftentimes achieving big objectives in life requires changing the way you navigate your days. The following are clear simple practical tips you can adopt to change your life for the better; they are based on our own daily routine so we can attest to the their effectiveness 🙂
1. Wake up early. We get up between 5 and 5.30am everyday (6ish on weekends), but our version of early might be different for you if you have family and kids. So to the best of your abilities get up early, this is a good time to enjoy some peace and quiet and set an intention for the rest of your day.
2. Make yourself a glass of lukewarm water and squeeze a fresh lemon in it when you wake up; sip it slowly and calmly. Lemon is is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium and vitamin C, it also acts as a blood purifier and helps maintain the health of your immune system. In Latin America, when people want to wash greasy dishes, they use guess what? Warm lemon water! The pan looks impeccable afterwards. So imagine how that will clean you up from the inside!
3. Meditate. A healthy life is not just a healthy body, but also a healthy mind. Meditation will help you calm the mind and go about your day with more clarity and calmness. We do 20 minutes of silent meditation everyday after our lemon water and before any kind of exercise. If you’ve never meditated we suggest that you start with guided meditations online, surely you’ll find something to suit your needs. At the very least, you can start out with 5 minutes of sitting quietly and practice paying attention to your in-breaths an out-breaths.
4. Get your metabolism going, exercise! High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is very popular these days. We have seen endless before and after photos of people who do HIIT consistently and their transformations are amazing! We’ve noticed changes in our bodies too! Now the important thing to remember is that this is not just about how you look, it’s also about staying healthy. Exercise and sweat does wonders to drain the Lymphatic system which is a network of tissues and organs that help rid the body of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials. Our favorite way to do HIIT free and at the comfort of our home is with Kelli and Daniel from. They have over 500 free videos on their YouTube channel and their objective is first and foremost health. NOTE: It is important for your body to get some rest in between intense workouts. Your muscles need time to repair themselves and grow, this is why we do HIIT only every other day, and when we don’t we do low-impact exercise such as gentle stretching, yoga postures or walks. Or you can simple take a break and relax.
5. Eat well. Many studies have indicated that more than your exercise routine, what has a greater impact on having a healthy life and losing weight is your eating choices. We advocate fresh, local and organic food as much as possible. Get in the habit of reading ingredients. STAY AWAY from processed foods, processed sugar, additives and so on. Have a healthy hearty breakfast, a healthy filling lunch and a healthy light dinner.
6. Stay hydrated. We need water to survive period. But in order to thrive, we need sufficient water to flush toxins from our system and maintain overall health, such as that of your skin (Remember to drink plenty of water after your HIIT sessions to further help the lymphatic system drain!).
7. Stay positive and focused. Hardship and challenges will always come your way (Thus the importance of meditating!!!) so always remind yourself that everything is temporary, whether good or bad, and what matters is to look at the bright side of things and remain equanimous. Life is an endless set of waves, learn to ride them smoothly.
8. Be outdoors. Take time off everyday to regenerate, even if it’s just 5 or 10 minutes. Go outside and be in nature if possible. We work all day but no matter what, we ALWAYS go to the beach to watch the sunset. Nature never fails at teaching us about patience and going with the natural flow of life.
9. Take at least one day of the week completely off. ABSOLUTELY NO WORK ON THIS ONE DAY. NONE. Just you and if you have one, family time. And spend this time in nature if you can.
10. Go to bed early and repeat.
Would you like to learn more about building a healthy happy meaningful life that it’s sustainable? Subscribe below.
Thomas & Ruth
LIVE BETTER: Learn simple strategic changes on how to feel happier, more fulfilled and more peaceful.
We promise to keep your email address private.